I’m not quite sure where the week has gone but I am really looking forward to the weekend. Sam had has Kindergarten Thanksgiving Feast the other day and it was so great to see the kids dressed as Native Americans and Pilgrims. It is amazing to see the teachers work their magic. Imagine 44 kids all perfectly well behaved, singing songs and having a meal of mini muffins, popcorn and apple slices together. We need to finalize our Thanksgiving menu here and I am going to try to perfect my pumpkin pie this weekend. I am also going to see if I can finish the coat rack in time. Speaking of which, in my search for the perfect coat hook I also came across some really nice animal hooks.
I am planning on interspersing a few of these metal ones on our coat rack, to keep it whimsical and inspire the kids to use it. I actually picked up a couple of brass beetle knobs on clearance at Anthropologie a couple of weeks ago. My kids love bugs, so I think they will be excited to use them.
6. Squirrel Hook, Anthropologie, No Longer Available
I thought I would also show you some more colorful options. That I think have the right mix of fun without being too cutesy.
I really like some of these fun hooks. I think my favorite is the T-Rex head. Too bad it appears to only be available in England.
1. Yellow Giraffe Hook, Urban Outfitters $14
2. White Elephant Hook, Anthropologie, $20
3. Aqua Squirrel Hook, Land of Nod $29
4. Red Reindeer Hook, World Market, $13.98
5. Bastis Tail Hook, IKEA $2.99
6. T-Rex Head Hook, Dwell UK, $14.95
7. Blue Bunny Hook, The Modern Baby UK, $9.95 (also available in other colors)
Which one is your favorite?
I’ve picked out a couple of hooks for our coat rack. Can anyone guess which ones?
I hope everyone has a great weekend!