It is has been a busy, noisy, smelly and cold couple of days in our basement. The good news is that our plumber is done with stage 1 of his work.
Here is a rundown of what he did:
1. Replaced part of the old cast iron waste line/main stack and added a clean out.
2. Removed all of the old basement bathroom plumbing connections.
3. Installed the drain lines for the new toilet, sink, shower and stationary tub.
4. Replaced the connection from the kitchen sink waste into the main waste line and added a future connection.
5. Moved the hot water heater to a more out of the way location.
He and his assistant had a long day yesterday completing all of the waste line. This also meant that it was loud thanks to the drilling up of the part of the slab that we couldn’t get up, smelly thanks to the chemicals that adhere the PVC together and cold because the back door was open due to the fumes. It was really convenient that it was a day that the kids were at school (plus a lack of a bathroom doesn’t help).
Today he moved the hot water heater and did a few last things to finish up. I wish I could say that we were done with demolition now, but alas we have another month of striping things apart before we can start building everything back. I am busy dreaming of tile floor and beadboard walls.
*To see a full rundown of the basement click here.