I hope everyone enjoyed the nice weather! We spent a good part of our weekend repairing the lawn. The weather gods smiled upon us and there was free sod to be had (thank Stacey!) so we decided it was time to fix the giant ruts in the backyard from the crane before someone fell in!
Saturday morning we rented the tiller and went over the compacted areas of the backyard (okay so when I say “we” I mean I made my husband do the hard part). Sunday we made 3 trips over to Stacey’s House (who rented a sod cutter and cut in her new plant beds) and filled the truck with sod. Then we came back home, adjusted the ground as necessary, laid the sod, and filled in between the sod and the existing grass. It was a lot of work! Today I need to put down the grass seed in the bare spots.
We are also still waiting for the fence to be reinstalled (part of our chimney contract). If we get lucky maybe this week! In the meantime, I replanted all of the plants that have been living in the compost pile for the last month waiting for the crane to be finished.